Quick Escape Button
Click here to learn about the Quick Escape Button

What is 211 Orange County?
211 Orange County is a non-profit that offers a 24/7 connection center to be linked to any health or human resource in Orange County, CA. The guided search above displays resources that will serve teens for self-searching. You can also call 2-1-1, text your zip code to 898211, email help@211oc.org or if you wish to talk confidentially with a live person about which program is appropriate for you, please call 2-1-1.

Will my parents be able to track me if I contact 211 and can they find out why I called?
No, all contacts to 211OC are confidential and will not be shared with anyone else contacting 211OC requesting your information.

Where can I get an abortion in Orange County?  Is it still legal?
Yes, abortion is still legal and available in Orange County and throughout California.  There has been a lot of discussion in the news about the possibility that the U.S. Supreme Court may overturn Roe v. Wade, but even if that happens, people can still choose to have an abortion up to 24 weeks (or later in the event of a medical emergency) in California.  To learn where to get an abortion in Orange County, please click here to self-search or contact 211.

Where can I go if I’m struggling with my mental health?
If you or someone you love is feeling like you may harm yourself, let your parent, guardian or another trusted adult know immediately. If this is not an option for any reason, contact a resource like Crisis Text Line (text “NAMI” to 741-741) for support and direction. The most important thing is that someone is there for you — whether it is over the phone, by text or chat, or in person. If you do not have access to a mobile device or computer, you need to let a teacher, coach or faith leader in your community know about your crisis situation. If you have already harmed yourself, consider calling 911 for immediate medical assistance. Talk to a trusted adult about how you feel, ask for help, and consider going to therapy. There are local services that can help such as counseling, support groups, in-patient and outpatient services depending on your needs. Click here to self-search or contact 211.

Where can I get help with Alcohol and Substance Use Issues?
If you are struggling with alcohol or substance abuse, consider talking about it with a trusted adult, and ask for help. You can take steps to help in your own recovery. You can talk about it with your doctor or medical professional, or counselor. Treatments can include in-patient and outpatient services, counseling, and medication assisted programs depending on the level of substance use.. Click here to self-search or contact 211.

I’m being bullied at school, what can I do for help?
Many of OC’s High School’s have an anonymous texting line, “Text-a-tip” to remain anonymous and text in the bullying concern. You can also talk to a staff a part of the school’s administration or a teacher to find additional help within your school. Other bullying resources including cyberbullying include those here that can help.

How can I report someone I think is being human trafficked?
If possible, call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 888-373-7888 or text “BeFree” to 233733. There are several other programs that can help including going to a shelter, being assigned an advocate that can help, and counseling services.  Click here to self-search or contact 211.

Where can I get help with sexual assault?
Click here for more information on what sexual assault is. If you are experiencing sexual assault, first, call 9-1-1. Sexual assault is a serious crime that should be reported. Second, go to the hospital. Call someone you trust and ask them to take you to the hospital. Do not shower, eat or drink anything, brush your teeth, go to the bathroom, or change your clothes before you go. A medical team and law enforcement will do a medical exam and collect evidence. Third, see a counselor who can help work through your feelings and help take steps toward healing. Click here to self-search or contact 211.

Where can I learn about healthy relationships to stop dating violence?
Respect for both yourself and others is a key characteristic of a healthy relationship. In unhealthy relationship one partner tries to exert control and power over the other physically, sexually, and/or emotionally. It is important to educate yourself about the value of respect and the characteristics of healthy and unhealthy relationships. There are some programs that can help you learn about setting healthy boundaries with a partner, and develop social and emotional skills for a healthy relationship.  Click here to self-search or contact 211.

Where can I go to see a doctor if I need birth control?
Going to the doctor is an important part of making sure you stay healthy.  Doctors will be able to provide guidance on what type of birth control is best for your body.  Click here to self-search or contact 211.

Where can I go if I think I’m pregnant?
If you think you are pregnant, it is best to contact your primary doctor first. If you don’t have health insurance, click here to find a local community clinic.

Do I have to have parent/guardian permission to get sexual health services like birth control or tested for STI’s?
In the state of CA, there is no parental permission or notification needed for most sexual health related services for youth. That means a young person can make their own appointment, attend their appointment on their own, and receive any related medications or treatments during the appointment. There are some exceptions and certain services do require a person to be at least 12 years old. For the full list of minor consent and confidentiality laws for minors, visit teenhealthlaw.org

If I am questioning my sexuality, where could I go for resources?
The LGBTQ Center OC’s Youth Program offers comprehensive services and resources that promote the healing, well-being, and empowerment of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQQ) youth. Click here to learn more about LGBTQ Center youth programs and services.

Additional Resources