OC Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR)
The Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) is a report to the U.S. Congress on the extent and nature of homelessness in America. The report is prepared by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and provides nationwide estimates of homelessness, including information about the demographic characteristics of homeless persons, service use patterns, and the capacity to house homeless persons. The report is based primarily on Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) data about persons who experience homelessness during a 12-month period.
This report contains aggregate client demographic and service information on homeless and at risk clients served by participating Orange County service providers for various housing categories for the reporting period or 10/1/13 - 9/30/14.
2014-2015 AHARs on HUD's Website
U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Julián Castro announced HUD’s latest estimate of homelessness in the U.S., noting a continued general decline and specifically among veterans and persons living on the street.
HUD's 2015 AHAR (links to HUD's website page)
- 2015 AHAR Report: Part 1 - PIT Estimates of Homelessness (PDF) (published Nov. 2015)
- 2014 AHAR: Part 2 - Estimates of Homelessness in the U.S. (PDF) (published Nov. 2015)
- 2015 CoC Homeless Populations and Subpopulations Report California
- 2015 CoC Housing Inventory Count - CA-602 - Santa Ana, Anaheim/Orange County,
2009-2014 AHARs on HUD's Website
HUD's 2014 AHAR (links to HUD's website page)
HUD's 2013 AHAR (links to HUD's website page)
HUD's 2011 AHAR and Supplemental Reports (links to HUD's website)
HUD's 2011 National Annual Housing Assessment Report (links to HUD's website)
HUD's The 2011 Point-in-Time Estimates of Homelessness: Supplement to the AHAR December 2011
HUD's 2010 Veteran Homelessness - A supplemental to the AHAR
Find reports on HUD's website. Scroll down and use the "Filter By" section to choose a year, and select all states, a specific state or a specific CoC (Orange County is CA-602)
- HUD CoC Housing Inventory Count Reports
- HUD CoC Homeless Populations and Subpopulations Reports
- HUD Annual Housing Assessment Report (AHAR) Local Reports 2007-2015