Get Involved... Volunteer!
Why Volunteer at 2-1-1 Orange County?
With busy lives, we know it can be hard to find time to volunteer. However, the benefits of volunteering are enormous to you, your family, and your community. We offer you the opportunity to reach out to the community, learn new skills and even advance your career. It’s been proven, volunteering can also help protect your mental and physical health. Come explore the opportunities we offer and learn if we can be your new home for your volunteer service.
Reward Yourself & Those Around You:
At 2-1-1 Orange County, we welcome the help we receive from volunteers. There are a number of ways you can help:
- Information and Referral Specialist: Help clients get connected to resources in Orange County!
- Resource Assistant: Work directly with our Resource Specialists to gather up-to-date information on services available in Orange County.
- Outreach Ambassador: Promote and help build awareness about 211OC in a variety of ways including attending community events and distribute our marketing materials.
- Communications Assistant: Help to increase awareness of 211OC through Social Media and developmental support of marketing materials.
- Digital Advocate: Increase awareness and generate revenue for 211OC online without actually donating – anytime, anywhere.
211 OC DISASTER RELIEF CORPS
The 211OC Disaster Volunteer Program
Disasters happen. Would you know where to turn? In case of a disaster situation in our community, 2-1-1 Orange County (211OC) is one of the lead agencies to connect people to resources in Orange County.
At 211OC we believe that when people get connected to resources, they do better, when they do better, our community is stronger ... whether in a disaster or not.
Join the 211OC Disaster Relief Corps and be prepared to help your community. If there’s an earthquake, a fire, or other natural disaster, 211OC is prepared to connect those in need, from housing pets, to families in need of short term housing, food or clothing, to answering phones in a crisis situation. We do need volunteers, like you, as part of our Disaster Relief Corps to help augment our response to these potential critical needs.
In the event of a disaster in Orange County, I am willing to be contacted by 211OC to help:
Everyone knows someone who needs help ... do you know where to look? Dial 2-1-1 to be connected to Orange County resources 24/7, 365 days (or 888-600-4367)