In our effort to connect, collaborate, and inform across all Community stakeholders to better empower our Community as a whole to thrive and have an enriched quality of life...
2-1-1 Orange County is pleased to share videos, articles and ideas to help you get inspired to connect Orange County's most vulnerable with the health and human service resources they need, collaborate to improve Orange County's systems of care for people in need and end homelessness, and inform yourself and others about promising practices and inspiring ideas from across the country and around the world!
- January 30, 2017: Why 1,000 volunteers spent their Saturday counting Orange County's homeless - OC Register
- January 27, 2017: Volunteers to survey O.C. in Point-in-Time homeless count - Daily Pilot
- January 6, 2017: 1,000 more volunteers needed to count Orange County's homeless - OC Register
- March 24, 2016: Orange County, CA: SoCalGas Joins 2-1-1 Orange County to Launch Internet Site to Help Veterans and their Families Gain Greater Access to Services Veterans and their families will be able to navigate the rich resources landscape in the county with confidence and anonimity.
- March 17, 2015: Orange County, CA: Dear Abby: 2-1-1 A Handy resource for those in need Because everyone knows someone that needs help.
- Jan. 31, 2015: "Arlington's no-silos approach has housed hundreds of chronically homeless adults." Read an article from The Washington Post describing how Arlington County has placed close to 300 chronically homeless individuals in housing since 2011.
- Jan. 23, 2015: Orange County, CA: Volunteers to hit O.C. streets for 'massive undetaking' of counting the homeless Hundreds of volunteers will count and survey the homeless to support efforts to end homelessness
- Jan. 24, 2015: Orange County, CA: Homeless get counted - and get help Over 700 volunteers walked the streets of Orange County early January 24, 2015
- June 11, 2014: "A Campaign to House the Homeless Reaches a Milestone."
NPR's Pam Fessler reports on the campaign to get 100,000 homeless people off the street and into permanent housing in just 4 years! Listen to how the group, Community Solutions, reached its goal a month before the deadline. Or learn more about the 100,000 homes campaign.
- June 29, 2014: "Here's How Vancouver Responded to London's Anti-Homeless Spikes"
Visit Mic.com to see how "a Vancouver charity, RainCity Housing, is converting city benches into pop-up shelters for homeless people. And by giving homeless people in this rainy city some dry coverage and a place to rest, RainCity is putting London's anti-homeless spikes to shame" (Kagel, 2014).
- "Make Them Visible"
Visit the MakeThemVisible.com website to learn more about how the New York City Rescue Mission is raising awareness and putting a real face to people in need by posing the question, “Have the Homeless Become Invisible?”
January 23, 2017: How the homeless count is going high-tech - 89.3 KPCC
- Jan. 28, 2015: Silicon Valley, CA: 'Hotel 22' A bus a homeless shelter?
- Dec. 5, 2014: Orange County, CA: From Managing to ENDING homelessness "Point-in-Time Orange County, Let's Make Everyone Count!"
- Nov. 17, 2014: Cox Civic Connection - 211OC Point-in-Time Count & Survey Interview
Watch 211OC's Senior Manager of Special Projects, Kristin Jefferson, discuss what the homeless count entials, how this process benefits our community, and more. Want to be a part of this remarkable event? Help us reach our goal of 1,500 volunteers! Visit our website at www.pointintimeoc.org to learn more. Let's make everyone count!